It’s that time of the year when the weather is starting to thaw out and I’m starting to think about vacations! How about you?
Here are 5 places I’d like to go this year (in no particular order) – most include camping / backpacking or hiking, as they are the types of trips my husband and I most enjoy:
- Moab, Utah – there are some incredible trails we want to see in Utah, most notably some of the footage from the 2010 film 127 Hours was shot there
- Eagle Creek, Oregon – this hike has (I believe) 11 waterfalls along the course of this hike – check out trail info here!
- Mt Lassen, California – my husband and I did a hike here last winter and it was incredible to hike across an active volcano that is one of the few places in the world where all four types of volcano can be found: plug dome, shield, cinder cone, and strato (check out this Wikipedia article on it)
- Joshua Tree, California – my hubby has been here a number of years ago and has raved about it – so now I want to go check it out!
- Mt Shasta, California – for many reasons, I love the Mt Shasta area…the height of the mountain, there are beautiful lakes in the vicinity and so much more nature to enjoy! Read more about Mt Shasta here.
What are some “must go” places on your list? I’d love to hear about your upcoming vacations!