Are you pretty sure you’re 100% over seeing the content rich posts – including photos or the videos in your social media feeds? Consider these statistics:
- There are 100 billion+ (BILLION!) users on YouTube
- Approximately 4 billion (yes, again, BILLION) videos are viewed on YouTube per day
- According to YouTube, there are 300 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every MINUTE
Still need convincing?
How about this – according to an article I read on Hubspot.com (read the full article here):
- Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites and 150% more retweets
And another article I found on jeffbullas.com suggested that there are nearly 1.4 billion Facebook users – so if you’re wondering where to get started if you haven’t already, Facebook may be a good starting point.
Here’s what we recommend to our clients when they are getting started:
- Come up with a posting schedule (something like a “Motivation Monday” post, then maybe a “Tip Tuesday” post and so on)
- Convert some of that content into images that you can easily post and share around your social media platforms
- Consider using a hashtag (I’m the #ChiefOverwhelmEliminator, for example) when posting images or other shareable content
Once you get comfortable on one platform, and are consistently posting and sharing, consider adding in another platform to expand your reach.
What are your thoughts? I’d love to hear them in the comments below…