It’s been about 2 months since you may have set your resolutions in January – how are you tracking toward them?
Perhaps you are “kicking butt and taking names” and are well on your way to achieving them with ease…
Perhaps you are a little lackluster in your efforts but are feeling the urge to get back in the saddle…
Perhaps you’re saying, “Resolutions? What resolutions?”
Whichever category you find yourself in, the good news is there’s time to make some adjustments and shifts and move forward to continue on the path of your resolutions.
Here are some ideas that may be helpful in achieving whatever resolutions / goals you may have set:
- Find a partner / success buddy to check in with and keep each other accountable
- When reviewing your resolutions, ensure that you were very specific. For example, “I want to lose weight” is a resolution, but is not very specific. Something more specific might be “I intend to lose 25 pounds by August 1st.”
- If your resolutions are lofty, perhaps create a plan to incorporate a series of smaller steps on the path to achieving the bigger picture resolution
- Write your goals / resolutions down – and tell someone. This kind of falls in line with having a partner or buddy to check in with, however, I’ve read that there is a much higher percentage of achieving a goal if it is written down and even more if you share it with someone else.
- If you have fallen off course, please remember to be gentle with yourself. Just because you’re off course at the moment doesn’t mean you won’t get right back on! 🙂
As for me, one of the goals I set this year was to work out regularly (at least 4 days a week) to get in shape for a few backpacking trips my hubby and I intend to take this year…here’s my progress report:
- I shared my goals with my family and friends
- I keep track of my progress and of activities on a whiteboard in my office
- I use the “Lose It” app on my phone to track exercise and calories daily
- I enlisted one of my best friends, Geraldine, to be my success buddy and we encourage each other every single day
- I worked out 3 days a week in January
- I joined an ab challenge, squat challenge, and arm challenge on Facebook and there’s accountability and support and encouragement in our daily postings – which feels awesome
- I worked out every day in February as part of a challenge with one of my friends, Miranda Zukowski (check out her website here: http://mirzukfitness.com/)
I’m feeling really great about my goals so far and I’m excited to push myself to new limits and discover “what’s next.” 🙂
I would love to hear how things are going for you – please share in the comments below!