“If you are in business, a blog is a great tool to have.”
Do you already have a blog? If you said yes, how often do you contribute to your blog?
Do you write on a regular basis, or just when you have time?
If you don’t have a blog, now is the time to start! I know it seems like you are just adding ONE MORE THING to your plate, but it’s worth repeating, if you are in business, a blog is a great tool to have. A blog is like a journal, except the world gets to see it. Even if you already have a blog, keep reading to find some tips to get you re-energized!
- Consider your favorite blogs. Ask yourself, what you like about each blog? Do you read it for work or for pleasure? What do you like/dislike about the writing style?
- Consider your own writing style. Do you enjoy writing? Do you feel comfortable writing AND editing?
- Look at how frequently your favorite bloggers post – is it daily or weekly? It’s critical to keep your audience engaged, and they won’t feel very engaged if you only write a blog once a month – or even less frequently. If you have a good response to your weekly blogs, you may consider blogging more often, perhaps 2-3 times per week.
- Write 3-5 blogs to get you started. You’ll want to have a mix of current blog topics, and ones that are timeless.
- Use your other social media platforms to promote your blog, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkenIn, NetworkedBlogs, etc.
I hope you have found these tips helpful! Happy Blogging!